Apple & cinnamon come together for classic autumn flavour in this easy and delicious apple loaf. Drizzling it with the simple frosting takes it from everyday to dress-up.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 apple, peeled and chopped into 3/4” chunks. Any apple is fine. We used a Courtland. Mix the apple with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
1/2 cup icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk or cream,
Stir together in a cup until you get to a drizzling consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Using parchment paper gives extra-easy removal.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder together in a small bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and sprinkle the apples with half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is firm to the touch or a toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 40-50 minutes.
Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Adapted from blogger: RumblyTummy